Since its foundation, Delmet has gone through numerous stages that have made its history: a story of passion and success. Founded on January 13, 1949 by the engineer Mr Cherubino Cherubini, DELMET - Disossidazione ELettrolitica METalli - (Electrolytic Metal Deoxidisation) boasts over 70 years of company history projected towards continuous innovation.
It is an Italian story of passion and success, where heart and tradition are combined with cutting-edge technologies, to meet the demands of customers who are increasingly attentive to optimising processes, respecting the environment and streamlining facilities.
From the very beginning, Delmet immediately extended its sphere of action to electroplating and electrochemical polishing in particular. In 1952 the first international agreement was signed with an important German company from Munich in the field of electrochemical polishing; this company, for which Delmet was licensed in Italy, was then particularly well prepared in the polishing of copper and its alloys.
In 1955 a representation contract was signed with Carl Kurt Walther (today Walther Trowal) of Wuppertal, a leading company in the field of mechanical finishing with tumblers and vibrators, which Delmet still exclusively represents in Italy to this day.
Development needs led Delmet to change its headquarters several times; in Milan, from Viale Brianza to Via Vittor Pisani in 1952, Via Bordoni in 1953, Via Jommelli in 1957 and Via Dracone in 1962.
In 1967, when the need to supply water purification plants arose, Delmet signed a representation and licensing agreement with a company in Dusseldorf: this fruitful collaboration resulted in the construction of numerous plants.
In 1975 the chemical deburring of carbon steel was launched; while chemical processes appear to replace electrochemical processes, a deeper knowledge of the processes highlights different limitations and possibilities. In 2005 the technique was perfected by Poligrat of Munich, making it a winning treatment in the fields of hydraulics, textiles and precision mechanics. In 1977 Mr Cherubini leaves the management to engineer Mr Ruggero Rigatti, who decided to progressively orient Delmet's business towards a greater specialisation: its primary objectives become pickling, deburring, polishing and passivation of stainless steel and water purification. In the early eighties, plant engineering was accompanied by the supply of services for contract work. In August 1985, in order to cope with the new work volumes with adequate means and space, Delmet decided to move its headquarters to the Milanese hinterland and settled in a new industrial building in Gorgonzola.
Following the untimely passing of Ruggero Rigatti, his son Massimo and his wife Anna Cherubini took over the company, adopting cutting-edge automation techniques. In 1990, the company’s management passed into the hands of Massimo Rigatti and Anna Cherubini and the development of contract processing, plant engineering and related chemicals proceeded decisively. The agreement with British and German companies for the distribution of Delmet plants in the European community was a driver for innovative concepts in their design and production. Collaboration with local companies guaranteed timely technical assistance and specialised personnel. The opening of the Chinese market dates back to 1996. Exports also make a leap to other European and non-European countries. Fundamental importance was attached to cutting-edge automation techniques, enabling the company to achieve a leading position on the Italian market. The first stent treatment plant were built in 2002 in Ireland and Italy. In 2009 derouging was introduced on the Italian market. Delment broke into the US market with the first plant in Cleveland in 2013. 2015 saw the opening of the new contract service centre in Gessate, the construction of the first mobile "spray booth” unit and the achievement of ISO 9001 and 14001 DNV GL certifications.